- We, our, and us means MBS Direct, LLC (MBS) and the websites through which it conducts business.
- You and your means any individual who visits any of the following websites: mbsDirect.net, onlinebuyback.mbsbooks.com, STUDYtactics.com, and Digitaltextbooks.com, Xplana.com, and submits Personal Information.
- Personal Information means information about you that we collect. This may include your name, mailing address, city, state, zip code, email address, orders, order status, and payment amount. Personal information does not include aggregate information about our customers in which your identity can not be discerned.
- Subcontractor means a third party that is not owned or controlled by MBS, but that has been retained to provide certain services on our behalf. Subcontractors do not have the right to use the Personal Information that we collect beyond what is necessary to assist us. Subcontractors are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information that we collect and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by MBS.
- Opt-out means a choice that you can make to prevent the sharing or use of some, or all, of your Personal Information. Your ability to opt-out is explained in greater detail below.
- Opt-in means a choice that you make to allow us to use, or share, some, or all, of your Personal Information. Your ability to opt-in is explained in greater detail below.
- Collection of Information
- Our Purpose for Collecting Information. We collect Personal Information from you, and about you, to provide you with products and information that you request, and to enhance your online experience.
The Sources from Which We Collect Information. We collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- Passive Collection. We automatically collect information such as your Internet Service Provider, the pages that you visit, your browser type, your computer operating system, the site that you report having been referred from, and time of access. We store this information in a web server log. We use this information to improve your experience on our website and to aid in the diagnosis of website problems. We also collect information through “cookies”. A 'cookie' is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit one of our websites. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser and customize your experience. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
- Electronic Collection. We may collect Personal Information by asking you to fill out an order form online, or email a form to us, which asks for Personal Information such as your name, mailing address, city, state, zip code, and email address. We also may collect information about you that is not personally identifiable, such as what school you attend and the courses you are taking.
- Collection from Educational Institutions. In some situations MBS has agreed to provide services to educational institutions including, among other things, making available books and other course materials to those educational institutions' students. In such situations, the educational institution may provide MBS with personal information about you, including your student email address, and ask that we send you news and information about our company, our products, or our services.
- Collection of Information from Children. We do not seek information from children. If you are under 13, you should not provide us with any information without the involvement of a parent or guardian.
- MBS’s Use of Personal Information
If you provide your Personal Information to us, we may use that information to send you news and information about our company, our products, or our services, that we determine, in our sole judgment, may be of interest to you. In some instances, you may receive information directly from the publisher of the products you purchase from us. This may include updates, corrections or other information related to those materials.
- Your Ability to Opt-Out from Receiving Materials from MBS
At any time you may choose to opt-out from receiving materials from us. You can opt-out of receiving materials by clicking on an "opt-out" link provided at the bottom of an email that you receive from us, or by calling our Customer Service Department at (800) 325-3252.
- MBS’s Ability to Share your Personal Information
- Generally. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or companies except in the situations described below.
- Sharing Your Information with Subcontractors. From time to time we may share Personal Information with Subcontractors that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, the creation or maintenance of our databases, or research and analysis concerning the people who request information from us.
- Sharing Your Information with Publishers. In some instances, we may share your information with the publisher, copyright holder or author of the products you purchase from us. These parties may use your information to send you updates, corrections or other information related to those materials.
- Sharing Your Information with Educational Institutions. We may share your Personal Information with any educational institutions to which you indicate that you belong and which we have a contractual obligation. The educational institution may use your Personal Information to verify that you have obtained books and other course materials required for a particular course. The educational institution may also use your Personal Information to verify that MBS is in compliance with any agreements between MBS and the educational institution.
- Sharing Your Information with Law Enforcement. We fully cooperate with reasonable requests for information from law enforcement agencies. As a result, we reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property or safety of MBS, you, or one of our other customers.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may share your Personal Information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your Personal Information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims against us.
- Transfers. In the unlikely event that MBS or substantially all of MBS’s assets, are acquired, your Personal Information will be transferred to the acquiring company. In such a situation, you will be provided with notice that a transfer of your Personal Information has occurred.
- Security of Your Information
MBS has instituted measures designed to ensure that your Personal Information is secure, and is not disclosed to individuals or entities that are not authorized to receive it.
- Unauthorized Access of Your Information
In the event that your Personal Information is accessed by an unauthorized individual, we will conduct an investigation to determine if there is a reasonable possibility that your Personal Information has been, or will be, misused. In the event that we determine that misuse is reasonably possible, we will notify you of the unauthorized access unless a law enforcement agency believes that such notification may interfere with a criminal investigation. Notification of such an event may be given to you be e-mail, writing, or phone.
- Removal of Your Personal Information
Once you have provided Personal Information to us, we may store and maintain that information indefinitely unless you direct us otherwise. If you wish us to cease storing your Personal Information, you may request that we do so by contacting customer service at (800) 325-3252 or email@example.com.
- Other Websites
Our website, or our emails, may link to non-MBS websites. It is also possible that non-MBS websites or emails may link to our website. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by any third party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these websites before transmitting any Personal Information.
Questions or Comments